Monday, September 8, 2014

My First Day on the Job

Today I went up to the 18th floor of the Interfaith Center, better known as the "God box" across from Riverside church.  
I walked into Auburn Seminary, an hour before my supervisor, and put my Chromebook on my desk and wished I had brought more to decorate my workspace.

I got a tour of the office including the vast supplies room connected to the Auburn library before attending Monday's "Best Meeting Ever" that included department heads from every division going over last week's and this week's projects.  I was humbly introduced and everyone gave me their name and title before discussing the upcoming Climate March event.

I set up my inbox, calendar, and Basecamp account.  I perused the website.  I attended an amply timed office lunch to introduce Auburn to the other major institution on the floor.  I spent most of my time sitting in the kitchen area and taking advantage of the south side view of the Hudson and midtown.  Apparently 423 Park is currently being built and according to the HR Director, its amazing.

I left the office feeling both excited, intimidated, and eager to return.  I can only hope that the coming days of actual work in which my content will be shared with the world will be met with the same excitement and eagerness with a steadily decreasing sense of intimidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment